Friday, July 1, 2011

On to Earthenware. June 14, 2011

                      

Well, in real time I have finished forming 62 mugs.  I have glazed 28 of them. Some I am happy with and some I am  not.  Some will have to grow on me or maybe not.

The bisqued mug above is a delightful shape.  It is so nice and round and sits up on its three feet so proudly.  I love the bare earthenware color and its smooth surface.

I have many more mugs to decorate but tomorrow I am going to Cape May for some sun and sand and great food.  Back to mugs on the 10th only three days from my birthday.  I think it is enough that I finished throwing ( and hand-building one) all the mugs.  The stoneware mugs won't be glaze fired till
August.


Glazing on the kitchen table
One of my favorites

Underglaze on Earthenware
The turquoise is yummy.











1 comment:

  1. Hey Sandy, well earned rest! I love the mugs - and you really got to explore form giving yourself this task.

    So, the colors of your earthenware are calling to me, too. Maybe it's the summer months, but color seems so appealing now.

    Good job, thanks for sharing. Hope to see you when you get back, tan and happy!

    ReplyDelete