Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yummy Neriage

 1995
 
This winter, I am taking a colored porcelain class with Ruth Borgenicht at the Art School at Old Church.   Last year, I happend to get Axner's colored porcelain, happened to find a wonderful book about Neriage when I visited Japan to see mom,  and happened to see Ruth displaying her beautiful Neriage pieces for her new class on the shelf at the school.  I was very glad to have these happenings and here I am.    I enjoy it but it is not easy! 
 
   At this moment, I just enjoy making patterns.
 
 
 
I was little tired mending cracks and scraping, so today I worked in the kitchen.  

 



It was fun.  The procedure is almost same, but the big difference is that they mend by themselves.  Clay gets dry but cookie dough gets soften while working with warm hands. 
  
 
 It was a fun day!
 


2 comments:

  1. The neriage cookies look beautiful, and delicious...and I'm sure your pots will turn out great.
    I am waiting to check out the results, cookies included...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies were great! They tasted as good as they looked - would you share the recipe? I'm sure your pots will look good enough to eat too :)

    ReplyDelete